Thursday, February 21, 2008

Boiled Eggs- what a blessing!


"Oh, is that what that is......" I can almost hear you saying.


No, I'm not going to tell you how to boil eggs, hee hee.


But I do want to tell you about the blessing of these eggs and how God works sometimes.


You see, we have some wonderful neighbors, who from time to time bring us eggs that they pick up from someone they know. It's nothing set and I never know when they are going to be able to get them and I don't expect them to go to any trouble and consider it a great blessing when they can.

The eggs are super big and super good and only $1.25 per dozen.

....last night, during one of our 'cooking classes' I told the kids that we didn't need to make such and such because we were about out of eggs and we needed to find something else to make. (No, not a big deal except I had no immediate plans of getting to town and I did not want to HAVE to go, you know?)

Well, something was said about the timing of when our neighbors are able to bring eggs. And I said something like, "Well, we need to pray that God would always work that out at just the right time." And being the good Mommie that I am ;-) reminded the children that we should always be thankful when people do things for us and reminded them of the great blessing that those eggs are and to always consider the trouble people go through whenever they do something for them, and to try to return the gesture some how if it was at all possible.

Well, this evening, our precious neighbors called and had 3 dozen eggs for us! I don't know who was more excited, me or the kids! They talked me into boiling a whole dozen for them- 2 each!


(*Boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for great protein snacks!)


Well anyway, the blessings along the way of life are so special. And I can't tell you how I have enjoyed keeping an envelope on the fridge for "egg money"! DH even plays along with me and brings me a dollar here and 2 or 3 there, to keep in my envelope!


May sound silly to some of you, but its a great treat to me!

-joy in the little things!

No comments: