Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh My Stars Cookie Bars.....










That's the name my kids gave these wonderful treats!



•1 cup butter, softened
•2 cups light brown sugar, packed
•2 eggs
•2 teaspoons vanilla
•2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon salt
•3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats

Cream butter and brown sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Blend in salt, soda, then oats, and lastly the flour. Spread 2/3 of the mixture in greased 10x15x1.

•Filling:
•1 (15-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
•1 (12-oz) package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
•2 tablespoons butter
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•2 teaspoons vanilla
•2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts

Heat milk, choc chips, and butter until chocolate has melted. Stir in salt, vanilla, and nuts.

Pour over cookie mixture and spread evenly. Top with the remaining 1/3 cookie mixture.

Bake for 25 minutes at 350. Cool and cut.
(Opt. coconut would be great added to these!)
************************************************************
This post is linked to some other yummies:

17 comments:

Millie said...

Those do look good!

Donna said...

Thank U Millie!
Its ALL that I can do to stay out of them...as much as possible...which isn't much ;)

Joy said...

Yummy! I don't need those around the house I wouldn't be able to stay out for sure!

P.S.
we need to meet so I can get you Kayanna's machine back. When would be a good time for you? Email me!
Joy

annies home said...

those sound delicious

Mary Bergfeld said...

Oh, my word but these look sinfully good. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. Have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

Just came by after visiting Thrifty Ways and Ideas. She posted that she loved your recipe and I have to agree it looks and sounds YUMMY!!!

I also became a follower of your blog. I love sharing recipes, come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same. THANKS!!!

Geri

Jessie Weaver said...

YUM! I really don't think you can go too wrong with condensed milk. It's the nectar of the gods. :)

Jessie

Unknown said...

Oh, these do look GOOD! My to-try list keeps growing :)

Blessings!
Gail

Amy @ Finer Things said...

I gasped when I saw the first picture! My mom used to make those. Haven't had them in years. Must remedy the situation. :)

Kathleen said...

Pass the milk! They look delicious!

Megan said...

Whether you had a cup of coffee of a big glass of milk, you cant go wrong with these bars.

Frugal Sara said...

Sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

Oh Heavens! Those Oh My Stars Bars look so good! And I can smell them baking now!

Have a Super Saturday!
~Really Rainey~

Connie said...

I will definitely try these!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Many blessings!!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Wow, these look scrumptious! Love the fall look for your blog. Thanks for participating in FF.
Love,
Gollum

Unknown said...

These sound really great. Thanks.

Ravi Goswami said...

Yummmmyyyyy

I would like to try this recipe.

If you have any Pecan recipe you can submit that to our website.

http://basspecan.com/contest

Thanks