Monday, February 28, 2011

Homemade Orange Sherbet:

A favorite treat at our house:


This is super easy! And made from only 3 ingredients!
*1 can evaporated milk
 *1 can frozen orange juice
 *1/2 cup sugar

Chill one can of evaporated milk in bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes.
You want it really cold, but not frozen. *Just until ice starts to form in the bowl.
(The colder it is, the quicker it whips up!)

Thaw one can frozen orange juice.

Whip milk until soft peaks form.
Blend in orange juice and 1/2 cup sugar.

Place in the freezer for approx. 2 hours.

Tip:
-Freeze leftovers in serving size cups for easy-serve.
-Try other flavors with frozen juices, chilled nectar may even work but I haven't tried it yet.
-You may need less sugar with other flavors!
-Also- if the OJ is too strong for your liking, you can add about 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla for a 'creamsicle' taste! 
-Even if you freeze overnight, this doesn't get hard, like ice, it stays soft.

 This picture is made like the orange except I subbed the O.J. for a can of apple-strawberry-kiwi juice with no HFCS. Very good- very sweet...it doesn't need but about 1/2 the sugar amount!

9 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Wow so yummy and easy we will be trying this!
Joy

Unknown said...

I've got a can of pink lemonade AND a can of limeade that keep rolling out of the freezer whenever I open it ... guess what recipe I'm trying this week? :) Thanks!!

The Prudent Homemaker said...

You had leftovers?

Donna said...

Joy- mine begged 4 it again today and even managed to find a can of lost OJ in the freezer just to prove how bad they wanted it! ;-)

FIF- sounds great!

Yes Brandy- this makes about 10-12 servings!!!

Joy said...

LOVE YOUR NEW LOOK!!
Joy

Donna said...

Thank U Joy!

Its not the pics that I want but it's the first time I've come close to what I wanted for the header.

MS Jour said...

Thanks so much for sharing. This is wonderful and simple. I cannot wait to try it.

Donna said...

ThatOneGirl,
You're welcome-thank you!
I hope you like it!

Cherie said...

That sounds utterly delicious. This is one I will try.