Thursday, February 14, 2008

HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE!


This recipe was taken from Rhonda Barfield's book and it is my most favored for a special occasion!
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, sift together:
2 cups of flour (I have used wheat, but I have to admit that it is better with all white.)
1/3 cup cocoa
4 tsp baking powder
1 t salt
Stir in:
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
2 t vanilla
Mix well. Spread into 9x13, sprayed pan. (Consider using a slightly bigger pan. I have had this run over once or twice.) Set aside.
*
Combine 2 cups brown sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa. Sprinkle topping over the cake, evenly. * Pour 3 cups of hot water over all. (Yes, yes!) Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
*
(In her book, she says that you can cut some of the sugar and cocoa.
You may serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. I usually don't use either but it was Valentine's Day! --and I got the ice cream for about a $1!)

No comments: