Sunday, February 3, 2008

Potato 'Cakes' and the bottom of the pantry



As stated previously, I go shopping once a month so, towards the end of that period, the digging in the pantry begins. Don't get me wrong, I never mind too much, as this is the easiest way to clean everything; the cupboards, the pantry, the freezer, and the fridge!

These potato cakes were made with leftover mashed potatoes, approximately 3 cups.
I then mixed in an egg and enough flour to pat them out. I then pan fried them in a little butter.
The kids love these!

The other items were mac and cheese with a can of tuna tossed in and spinach. This meal was at best $2 and the kids love this kind of meal from time to time. Sometimes they even help me sort through the pantry to help me figure out what we have left and what we can do with it! Kids make life fun, don't they?

No comments: