Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gratituesday..........

My kids have so much fun just dreaming up things! And it seems the simplest of things are the most entertaining for them sometimes.
Most of our garden has withered away and the green bean vines have started collecting a weird ummm bug thing, so I told them that I wanted all of them pulled up and put in a pile to burn.
They ask me if they could dig a hole...sure, why not.....well, the hole was about 5 foot around and 3 foot deep when they got done, 'magine that?!?!?!!
But the amazing thing, besides the fact they dug this hole in no time, is how they all worked
together!
*
DH got tickled at all of us tonight and said "You really keep those kids hopping!"
I looked puzzled but then realized these were some of the things that he'd heard;
"Kemuel, come help Sissy with this project that she's trying to do in this book. Here's a clothespin, a rubber band, and a scrap piece of fabric- the rest is up to you!"
"Keenan, come open this bucket for me. I need to put some beans in a pot to soak and I can't get the lid off."
"Krestan, will you come sack up this mess for me. I've got my hands in beet juice and everything will be purple if I do it."
"Kellan, pick up your homework books before something gets spilled on them and did you write your Bible verse like I told you?"
"Kyler, I need you to fill up the water cups. Don't make a mess"
"Kayanna, put the forks on the table. Don't hide them from your brothers, now, put them on the table."
Isn't all of that wonderful?!?!
What is it?
It's the 'family unit'!
It is a wonderful thing and this Gratituesday, my heart is filled with thanks for my family unit!
I'm so thankful for God's wonderful design and plan, He does all things good!


Here's me and my B's sitting around the fire in the garden. What fun!For more Gratituesday, visit Laura's!
Now, I'm off to post about rendering beef fat-yippee!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've gotta love big family fun!

Sarah said...

So much fun! I remember doing this with my brothers when we were little. I think it was a fort for a while!

Laura said...

What a great family you have! I love the list of "orders" you gave out to your kids!!

Anonymous said...

I have a big family too and love being surrounded by people I love! Great web site.