Tuesday, October 21, 2008

GratiTuesday!

Here below, you will see Redda and Sledda (I named them elf names since they were Christmas colors;). Now these may not look like anything special (or elves) but they are soooo special to me! You see....they came out of my garden.
My crazy ole garden is still producing lots of peppers(banana, bell, and something hot), mustard greens, collard greens, okra, carrots, and the beets are growing!
Now keep in mind, this is my first garden here! And the first that I've had in years!
So - as you can imagine- I'm so shocked and thankful to still be getting food from it!

Are you girls still getting stuff from your gardens or am I the only weird Southern gal down here? :-)
Have a great week ladies!
For more about Gratituesday, visit Laura's!
*
(By the way ladies, if you can use them, I've got links HERE to printable Thanksgiving pages.)

3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What a blessing! :D I would love to try my hand at gardening this next year. :D Thanks for sharing!

Have a blessed day!
Sherry

Jen said...

Congrats on your first garden! We live way up here in the north and our garden is done for the season. But we did get a lot of items from it which we canned and froze.

Laura said...

We actually just pulled out the remainder of our tomatoes and peppers. I have a million (or maybe like 40) peppers in a bucket on my counter! But I don't have any of those yummy red ones anymore. We love those things!

Oh, and I love how you NAMED your peppers. When you spend so much time and love growing something, it's only natural to name it. :)