Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oven-fried Chicken Thighs.....

These were on sale, super cheap, this week at Food Lion. I wish I had bought more now....they are just so good cooked this way.These little clucks were .69 lb!
I just skinned them, washed them and dipped them into my flour mix and placed them in a pan and cooked them for 50 minutes at 400. (Being on the bone and leaving a little fat will allow for them to make their own grease.)
For the flour mixture;
self-rising flour,
season-all,
onion powder,
garlic powder,
rosemary,
poultry seasoning,
fresh ground black pepper,
ground mustard,
dash of red pepper.
The measurements would depend on the quantity of chicken that you need for your family, but this flavor combination is very tasty and the cooking procedure will work on most any quantity.

With clean hands, I always dip a finger in and taste it first to see if I've got enough flavor in it. Garlic powder really works wonders for oven-fried chicken!

No comments: