Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday's Savior....

2 Cor 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.



I am so thankful today to be reminded that it's not wise to compare myself with others or others to me! I'm afraid I could never measure up to a Raggedy Ann doll much less to some of the ladies that I've met through blogging. We all simply must live according to the lot that God has chosen for us to have.


Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Phil 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:


We are to each one, work out our own salvation. We cannot get tangled up in someone else's mothering, marriage, frugality, Christianity, eating patterns, health, personality strengths or weaknesses, talents, gifts, etc. We must simply work out our 'own' to the glory of God. (1Cor 10:31) We also should follow the above orders from Phil. 2:14 and not complain, not even in our own spirit. Yes, I know we see Jane Doe sometimes and she's got a perfect life but let us rather follow the admonition of Phil. 2:3 and with "lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." These are great principles to teach to our children as well. "No complaining and
esteem/value others better than ourselves." (That's tough, I know! I am really having to be creative to teach the latter of these.;)


....Yes, some of us have really blundered along the way and we've made more obstacles for ourselves than what God wanted but He is so kind and merciful that He still won't leave us comfortless! (John 14:18)


Most of us know the following verse but we often skip over the very first part of it:

Heb 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.


Coveting, what a word! You ever seen this little subtle creature at work in children? It can go something like this; "Wow, Johnny! That cake looks real good. Are you going to eat all of it?" "Annie, you never play with that toy anymore. Part of it's even broken,see? Well, if you don't want it, I'll take it." Are these perfect examples of 'covetous conversation' or what?!?!


May the Lord help us all to be the VERY best we can be. May we look to Him for our missions and directions. We are all so very different-- to His glory! He is such a wonderful Creator!


I am so thankful for 'blogland' and for so many different ladies with so many different talents and abilities! I am often inspired by the women who author blogs. Some are like me, some are not, but all uniquely created by God and gifted differently according to HIS will and pleasure!

It's wonderful to see God moving in so many different lives and in so many different ways! I've been so encouraged!


I love this verse:

Phil 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

No comments: