Monday, February 16, 2009

Gratituesday....



A few months ago, my exercise machine broke, yep kerplunk! (There's 6 kids in the house and no one really knows how it happened! It's a mystery!)

DH was fretful, wanting to get me another one, but I just kept saying; "we need to wait".

Well, a couple of days ago, he set in to cleaning out the garage and dug out two old lamps with leather shades. (Don't ask...not my purchase...remember: I'm the frugal one around here!- usually :-) Well, he was just going to toss them out! (think it not strange that I just reminded you that I'm the frugal one!) Well, me being the pack rat that I am....I mean frugal mom that I am, I told him not to get rid of them!

Before the night was over, some one sent me an email wanting to get rid of an exercise machine and said that they would take the best offer, or trade for just about anything! --The Lamps!! Well, I was worried that they might not want them because one of the lamps had a not-so-nice crack! But, come to find out, they really wanted the shades! ('magine that?)

Within a couple of days, they had the lamps and I had the exercise machine! Woo-hoo! Isn't God sooooo Good! It pays to wait on Him!

FOR MORE ABOUT GRATITUESDAY, VISIT HEAVENLY HOMEMAKERS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love stories like this about God caring for every detail of our lives, if we'll let Him!

JessieLeigh said...

How fantastic how everything worked out! Gives me chills to read things like this. Faith and patience are definitely true blessings and virtues. Enjoy your new machine!