Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Buckwheat Crepes (NT).....


Boy are these yummy and filling!
The crepe recipe is from NT.


1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup fresh ground wheat flour (or spelt)
2 cups of buttermilk
(allow to soak 12 to 24 hours)

Stir in 3 beaten eggs, 1/4 t salt, 1 stick of melted butter, and enough water to make it the consistency of heavy cream.

Pour 1/4 cup of batter into hot, buttered pan and cook until almost set and flip. Cook approx 1 minute and remove to plate. (I used my cast iron skillet to cook these in. Next time I will use the big griddle so I can cook more at a time! But they cook up pretty fast.)


Here's what I stuffed them with;

1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, beaten
Wash and trim 1 16 oz pkg strawberries. Slice half and beat into cream cheese. Stir in 3/4 cup cane sugar about about 2 to 3 T heavy cream.
Stuff the crepes with the cream cheese mixture and top with the extra sliced strawberries.

No comments: