Friday, October 16, 2009

A special touch to make it work...





Much of the 'soaked' recipes in NT do not go over well with my family.
Its: "sour" "tastes funny" "not sweet enough" or "the texture's weird".
I have to say that many times I have to agree with them.
There's only been a few things that I could get them to eat well that were soaked- I've tried to build on those while making the less favorable ones "work".
This is the Zucchini (Banana) Bread on page 483.
Since I can't get them to eat it as is, I've come up with a yummy frosting that seems to help it go over a little better.

I use 3/4 of an 8oz bar of cream cheese and 1/4 cup of butter, creamed well.
A dash of vanilla and approx. 2 T of Agave (liquid) or to taste.
Works like a charm and doesn't really add a bunch of sugar when spread over the entire bread.

No comments: