Sunday, November 1, 2009

2 of my kiddies have come in sick...

What am I doing about it?
Well, about 2 months ago, Walmart had a buggie full of Zicam and Airborne and a few other things on clearance. Clearance and me go together like donuts and coffee!

So the kids are being pumped with Airborne....later Zicam...then garlic cloves in their ears....peppermint teas......echinacea tea.....yarrow later.... found some olive leaves...looking for the cayenne,lol..

I've made butternut soup today along with sourdough bread. Tonight I am looking for fish or something with vitamin D.

They don't call me mom for nothing! ;-)

Any tips welcome- symptoms- headache (that's the worst they say), runny, then stuffy head, with earaches.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your posts when I have an opportunity. I looked up zicam to see what it was and found this link. I have no idea if it is still valid. I hope your kids feel better soon. Shelley http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm166834.htm

Donna said...

Shelley,
Thanks for the link. The blogger wouldn't let your whole link post but it took me to the FDA where I was able to type in Zicam. I am aware of what they are trying to do to Zicam- being a listener of Rush and we don't use the nasal kind. As an adult, I would use them if I could find them because they've been very helpful in the past but I wouldn't let the children.

The Zicam that we use is the kind that dissovles in their mouth. It has vitamin C, echinacea, and zinc in it and we have found them to be repeatedly helpful by shortening the worst of the germies.

Thanks for the link!

rachel said...

Hey I hope you don't mind I am featuring your Steak Casserole Recipe on my radio show, I have given you credit on the recipe
http://www.k955.com/recipes/maindish/steakcass.htm
thanks!
Rachel

Donna said...

I don't mind at all! :-)
Thanks Rachel!