Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cultures, Kombucha, and Duck Eggs

Bet you never thought you'd hear those three words together! Me either- but that's what I've been playing in today...what fun! Creme Fraiche, Greek Yogurt, and Buttermilk- culture away!
I love Kombucha! ..prolly cuz I like sayin' it more than anything- well, it is a cool word!
And these yum-yums are duck eggs fryin' up in the ol' cast iron skillet!
These were sooo yummy!
I had 1/2 a dozen duck eggs and my kids asked for a fried duck egg and leftover beans and cornbread for lunch- uh huh,... and you thought kombucha was weird!

2 comments:

Joy said...

I have tried the duck eggs yet..but I do have some buttermilk culturing and it is turning our beautiful! Now to do Yogurt and Cream today!
JOy

Donna said...

The eggs are yummy!
Very rich- the chicken eggs are beautiful, dark colored, mmmm yumyy!

For breakfast my kids had, toasted homemade bread, applesauce, a fried egg- and of course milk! ;-)