Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oatmeal-coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies...

I needed to get some fridge space the other day so my (manipulating) sweet little children said; "If you will bake us lots of cookies, we will drink lots of milk!" Aren't they sweet to want to help me that way?!!?!
This is another recipe taken from More With Less. This is based on Oatmeal Cookies with a Purpose, but when I make them just like the recipe, they come out a little salty for some reason, so here's my spin on it:
Cream-
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
Add:
2c rolled oats
3/4 c dry milk
1/2 c water
Blend well and add;
1/4 t salt
2 t baking powder
2 1/2 c unbleached flour
1/2 cup chipped coconut
1/2 to 3/4 c chocolate chips
Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 325 for approx. 10 minutes.
Cool one minute before removing from pan.
*may also add 1/2 to 3/4 c chopped nuts/pecans

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have got to print this recipe! That's all my favorite ingredients in one cookie!

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

You must check out my latest blog post!!!

http://wyo-helpmeet.blogspot.com/2010/01/ive-been-awarded-lemonade-stand-award.html

PS, I love the painting post. Can't wait to see the end results!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.