Sunday, November 14, 2010

I can't believe it! I found organic wheat! Woo Hoo!

For years- and years- and years---- I've usually bought Montana's Prairie Gold. Its certified chemical free- but organic- I couldn't find it. ..talkin' hard white wheat...

I still wonder why this is--- My only guess is that wheat was modified years ago, like in the 1800s, and since that modification, its been almost impossible to get a pure form of wheat. Anyone know????

But- for now- I have organic! yah! And it was only like $2 or $3 more per bag....which is like 4 to 6 cents more per pound.

I also bought some organic spelt. Its more expensive or I would buy more of it...but if this wheat is non-gmo...I'm just as happy with it!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Woo hoo for you! I usually get organic spelt and now the food co-op I buy from offers organic wheat too..when I need more I will order that as well. Did you happen to order this from morningside?
I love organic!!
Joy

Donna said...

This did come from Morningside!

I finally got in touch with Barb and figured out how to place my own order. ;-)

I"m very happy with it but- it is a little dry so if you order some, be prepared to adjust liquids slightly in recipes. ...Every new batch can be different.