Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Baked Pudding-

Feel up to being sneaky?

How about a little pumpkin with your pudding? :-)



3 1/2 T cocoa
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup cane sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups home-cooked pumpkin (or canned, but if using canned, you may need more liquid)

*Optional Spices*
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t allspice
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t ginger

Blend all ingredients well with a hand mixer.
Pour into deep 10 inch baking dish.
Bake at 350 for approx. 50 to 55 minutes.

**Tips:
Canned pumpkin can sometimes be hidden easier.
I usually don't like cinnamon with my chocolate, but this is good. However, lessen the spices or eliminate completely and add a splash of vanilla to make the pumpkin less obvious if you're trying to hide it. :-)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have never heard of this dessert before, but I love all things pumpkin. With all those spices in it, it must have been one super dessert. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your pudding up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html