Thursday, October 13, 2011

Orange-Almond Apple Crumble


approx. 10 cups sliced, peeled apples
juice and zest of 1 large orange
1 stick of butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup oats
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup chunky-ground almonds
*you may want extra sugar

Spread apples in buttered 9X13. Sprinkle orange zest and juice across the apples.
You may sprinkle extra sugar across your apples for a sweeter dish or if your apples are tart.

Melt butter, blend in brown sugar, then oats, then flour. Sprinkle over apples. Sprinkle ground almonds across the flour-sugar mixture. Bake for approx. 1 hour at 375.

We enjoyed this so much, I think I'll make another one tonight! ;-)


This post is linked to:
Delightful Order
Thrifty 101 
Diaper Diaries 
Fingerprints on the Fridge 
Grocery Cart Challenge 
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating 
Life As Mom

2 comments:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

This is a must make...I'm picking apples this week from our tree...perfect timing.

Connie

Donna said...

I hope you love it!

I think I'll put a pan in tonight for breakfast! ;-)