Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kitchen Tip: Herbs to Flavor Your Pasta Water


Today's tip:

For extra flavor, add herbs (fresh or dry) to your water while cooking your pasta.
Fresh herbs can be easily lifted out while dried herbs, being small bits, will stay on your pasta, making them a tasty dish with just a little oil or butter, if you like them alone.

Also, I often sprinkle in basil and a dash or oregano in my spaghetti noodles. This makes them nice and tasty for one of my children who likes a little sauce and a lotta pasta!

Happy Tuesday!
Psa 104:14  He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

2 comments:

Sarah @ Natures Nurture said...

LOVE this tip! Can't believe I've never thought of this before! I usually like to sprinkle on some dried herbs after the pasta has cooked, but I'm sure using fresh herbs right in the water would be just wonderful!

Thanks for sharing at Tiny Tip Tuesday :)

Donna said...

Thank you for being such a great hostess! :)