Monday, December 10, 2012

Two Weeks til Christmas: Presents

Do you know where all the presents are from 5 years ago? 2 years ago? How about last year?
Do your kids still play with the toys they received 3 years ago?
What do they talk about when they speak of Christmas-in-years-past? 

What about you?
What do you remember about Christmas when you were little?
Which presents do you remember?
Do you still have any of them?
Do you wish you still had any of them?

It's all something to think about, isn't it? :)


In the above picture, I had to look very closely at the box in front of me in the picture to figure out what it was that I had just opened. It was a Gerber set, it looks like, probably play baby bottles and things like that. I don't remember that- at all.
But do you see that box to the right in the picture?
I had almost forgot about the box- but- I DO remember what was in that box!
Would you like to know?????

In that box were homemade items that my mother had labored over for weeks prior to Christmas.
Cloth diapers, little shirts, bibs, and I don't know what all.
But- I'll never forget her work....nor hearing her cry out one day while she was working on them only to run to her room to be ushered out VERY quickly. Bless her heart, she had run her finger up under the needle!
(That whole mother-multi-tasking thing didn't go so well while sewing.)
But my memories are of her homemade gifts that year. Those are gifts that I wish I still had for my daughter.

 Trying to plan Christmas On A Zero Budget?
Yes, it can be done, with some well thought-out planning!

There's still time to make wonderful gifts for your family, even if your budget is nil.

I've been posting lots of links on Facebook, including things I'm working on for my kids (click over on the right sidebar), and Brandy has lots of ideas on her Frugal Gifts page as well.

Christmas can still be memorable and frugal!

Rom 5:18  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
2 Cor 9:15  Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
 


No comments: