Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cocoa Powder Brownies/Recipe for Pantry Brownie Mix


 I've been pretty good about keeping my sweet tooth (uhm, that would be teeth, certainly plural) in check but sometimes chocolate, in the form of brownies, is ...well....healing therapy!

This recipe makes a 9x13 or 12 muffin-sized brownies.

You can also premix all of the dry ingredients and store in jars or bags in your pantry for your own, frugal brownie mix!
Great convenience food! 
(Isn't anytime a convenient time to eat brownies?.. Is it a little too late to try to convince you that I really made these for the kids?)



1 cup of all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 t vanilla

*opt: 1/2 cup walnuts + 1/2 cup chocolate chips 
(the more chocolate the merrier!)

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the center for wet ingredients and gradually blend into the flour mixture. (If using the nuts and choc chips, add them to the dry ingredients first.)
Spread in sprayed 9x13 or muffin tins. 
Bake at 350 for 22 to 25 minutes.
*************
Psa 119:103  How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great way to organize your engredients. I am thinking of trying this one out so that my kids can bake brownies when they want one without difficulty and questions too. Thanks!

-http://xobakingco.com/

clio tuningsk said...

Great bblog I enjoyed reading

clio tuningsk said...

Thanks for thhis