Sunday, February 10, 2008

Beef Stew- from the crock

Another easy dish! And perfect for those who must have their meat!

I used a pack of the cheapest steak that I could find and cut into pieces and place in the bottom of the crock pot.
I poured several dashes of Worcestershire Sauce over and tossed in a couple of bouillon cubes. I then topped those with the staple veggies: carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes.
Sprinkle with rosemary and any other seasonings of choice. 
Add enough water to cover and simmer on low 8 to 9 hours. When cooked, blend 2 to 3 tablespoons of cornstarch into a cup of cold water and add to the soup and stir until the juices are thick. * I served with buttered bread but dinner rolls and cornbread muffins are good with this stew as well.

*****The next day the "re-make" with this stew was 'vegetable-beef soup". I added one large can of tomato juice and a bag of frozen mixed veggies, along with another beef bouillon cube and seasonings.

No comments: