Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Peanut Butter Bran Marshallow Treats


I've told you guys about my marshmallow treats and how I experiment with whole grain cereals. I always try to whip them up in such a way that the kids will gobble them up (before I do--remember I'm a sugar-aholic, hee hee).


For these yummy treats:
5 cups of bran flakes
1/2 a stick of light butter
1 package of marshmallows (1o oz?)
2 heaping spoons of crunchy peanut butter
1 t vanilla (opt)
1 handful of peanut butter chips

Spray 9x13 with non-stick spray.
Dump the flakes in the 9x13.
In pot melt butter and marshmallows, then add crunchy peanut butter. Remove from heat and add vanilla(optional).

Pour over bran flakes and toss until all flakes are coated.
Top with peanut butter chips and press lightly into the treats!
Cool and cut into squares! Yummy! (And good fiber source!)

No comments: