Tuesday, March 4, 2008

MVP - of my kitchen

If you could only have one kitchen gadget, what would you pick?



I have several gadgets, but for me, this one is tops! It is my MVP! It has earned a permanent position on my counter top since I use it so frequently.

I highly recommend one of these for any "newbie" to the kitchen.


These save a lot of time and they are VERY easy to clean up. Yes, I have a big one but I only pull it out for those really big jobs, it takes some doing to clean it back up. (And to be honest, that bums me out!) Not to mention- they are usually pretty pricey!


But this little gadget is under $10 and you only have 3 pieces to wash and it doesn't take a mechanic to put it back together. You simply place the cup back on and turn, then drop in the blade, and return the lid!

You can have a chopped onion in 30 seconds. You can have bread crumbs in about 20. You can also whip up a salsa in about a minute! Not to mention chop nuts like lightening! :-)


*****Other gadgets that I find very useful:
an electric knife -for bread, meat, and melons!
A coffee grinder, not only for coffee but for grains and seeds. ( I knew a lady once who used hers for wheat while she saved up for a Mill.)

PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR MORE GREAT KITCHEN TIPS AND RECIPES: http://tammysrecipes.com/

4 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I have a cute little food processor like that, too, and it's been one of the workhorses of my various kitchens for the past 15 years or so. It's a Sears Kenmore 'Short Order' and I swear you can't kill it. Can't say the same for a lot of other appliances! I do have to name my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer as my kitchen's MVP, though. I use it almost every day. But I do love my little 'short order' food processor!

Donna said...

Thanks for posting mom2!

Ah yes, the Kitchenaids --they are indeed a dream machine, especially for bread-makers!

I referred to those once as the 'mammoth' of all kitchen machines,lol.

Blessings!
-Donna-

Anonymous said...

One of my favs is a dough scraper. It makes cleaning counters, cutting baked goods, and transferring chopped veg to the pot very easy.Here is one. http://www.amazon.com/Dough-Scraper-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000YIH5A6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1204743278&sr=8-4

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are neat!

I haven't seen one of those in a long time....I need one of those!

Thanks for posting!

-Donna-