Monday, April 28, 2008

Lemon Pepper Tuna Noodles Dish


I got a good deal on tuna in the flavor packages the other day, it was on a markdown shelf and the coupon fairy had left some nice coupons right beside them!
This is based on the recipe on the package of the lemon pepper flavor, but you could always use 2 cans of tuna and a teaspoon or 2 of Lemon Pepper! Which is what I will do if/when I make this again. I loved the dish but no one else really said anything,hmmm.
2 packs of lemon pepper tuna OR 2 cans and 1 to 2 t Lemon Pepper flavoring
Lightly saute 1 chopped red bell pepper and a teaspoon of minced garlic in 2 t olive oil, then add 2 cans of drained green beans (or 1 pkg of frozen) french style, and tuna, black pepper to taste, and about a 1/2 teaspoon of thyme. (I also added more lemon pepper.)
Toss in with one box cooked whole wheat noodles and serve.
Served here with Romaine-Spinach Salad.

No comments: