Saturday, July 26, 2008

Beef and Liver Meatballs



3/4 to 1 lb. of ground chuck
1/2 carton chicken livers
4 to 6 slices of whole grain bread (this will depend on consistency)
1 1/2 T Emeril's (or your favorite all-purpose seasoning)
1 medium onion
1/2 cup green peppers


Use chopping place to mix all ingredients in food processor, beginning with the liver. Be sure to add enough bread slices to make mixture workable. Drop by spoonfuls on sprayed baking ban. Bake at 400 until cooked through.

- Can use these in numerous ways. I tossed them in BBQ sauce and my kids loved them.
-Would work in spaghetti sauce or mushroom sauce over noodles.
-Could use as meatloaf.
-How about just meat patties?
They do have a different flavor so I've found that I have a better time if I disguise them with the kids.
*Served here with Cucumber Salad and Mushroom Sauce over Angel Hair.

No comments: