Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Triple Berry Fruit Crisp

Remember that Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook that I told you about winning from their site? Well, it came today--its a real treat--lots of goodies. Well, as the Lord would have it, I also got in my gallon of fresh blackberries from the neighbor's farm. Their children picked them for us, right there on the farm! Talk about fresh, we're right across the street! I didn't waste too much time and set right in to looking for a recipe for those little jewels, after we ate a few of course.;-)
And please click this pic below, it just doesn't do this dish justice. You guys know that I have the sweet tooth (teeth is more like it) of a Townhouse Baker, and I also have many Chocolate Sweet Teeth, well, this dish was right up there with my gourmet chocolate loves and I'm not kidding. My little girl said, "Mom this dessert belongs in a 10-star restaurant, if they have one." (Ain't she precious?!?!)


Ok, so here's how I made it, much like the one in the book with a few differences.


About 5 cups of berries, mostly all blackberries-about 3 cups, with only about a cup of strawberries and 1 cup of blueberries.
-the zest of one orange. mixed in with berries
In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar with 2Tcornstarch and toss over berries.
Pour berry mix in sprayed 9x13.
For the crisp topping:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 stinks of butter
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 t salt
1 t allspice
Mix all of the dry ingredients. then cut butter in until crumbly. resembling cornmeal.
Sprinkle over berries. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
Serve warm--It's outstanding! The zest really sets off the berries. It and the allspice bring a fancier twist to other versions of fruit Crisps.

More Works for me Wednesday HERE!

2 comments:

GiBee said...

This sounds delicious!! I'll be trying it this weekend... thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for posting