Saturday, August 30, 2008

Blessings and Salsa!

My day started off with several blessings!

My neighbors called with some yard eggs--yipppeee!

Then a very dear lady from church called and had several sacks of tomatoes, horse apples, and a bag of corn for me to run over and pick up.

I love going to her place. She raises cattle, has a cool barn, and the whole works.

Beautiful place.



She took time to show me some of her plants today, one kind was a 'snake plant' that is supposed to keep the snakes away. Really neat looking plant!

She was drying apples in her front yard the old-fashioned way. She had a piece of metal laying on some stands with the apples spread out on it and a screen laying on top of the apples. I saw another lady several years ago do something like this except she covered the apples with a large sheet and weighted it down with rocks to keep the flies out.


But, she so kindly and generously gave me a large bag of tomatoes....so U gals know my kitchen was a mess by bedtime right? But for about 45 minutes to an hour's worth of work....


this is what I got!

Plus splattered walls and a dirty stove top....but well worth it!

Yummy salsa, with several different kinds of peppers from my garden.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, I see that you have an attachment for your mixmaster. How do you like that one? I have been reading reviews on different food mills and trying to narrow it down for next year.

Anonymous said...

Niki,
This one is a KitchenAid. I'm afraid that I tried a mixmaster once and methinks I would have broken it, but it was smaller than this machine.

This Kitchen Aid is fantastic and the Food Mill attachment was free with it's purchase.

I bought it from Lowe's a few years ago and part of the promotion was printed on the receipt that I had to mail in. It gave me a choice of like three different attachments and this is the one I picked. It will also grind up meat-yippee.

I do like the food mill attachment. It works very well.