Thursday, August 21, 2008

DOES YOUR KITCHEN EVER LOOK LIKE THIS?

Do you ever look at the clock and realize it's bedtime and your kitchen still looks like this?!?! The stove is piled up with leftover roast, chicken stock, 2 batches of pinto beans, and a jar that was hoping to have some kefir in it.
And beside the sink, there's a few okra that was too tough to fry, an odd melon, vinegar for a recipe that I was going to make, my grater, my fruit -fly trap-jar, dishes drying, and some lovely tomatoes!

And looking down at my feet, horse apples to fry!
Whew!
Now, there's 2 ways of lookin' at this....1) It's a mess! OR 2) It's a blessing!
I pick #2!
For it is the Lord's provisions being put to good use and provisions waiting to be used!
Not only do I have 'daily bread' today, but enough around the kitchen for tomorrow's daily bread as well!
Oh, and I found these little treats for $1 when I got out for $1 eggs at Kroger, and they are REAL whole wheat and they even have 4 grams of fiber to prove it!

The Lord is good!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your outlook on life Donna. Often I get so overwhelmed (like this morning) and I need this does of reality. Thanks and perfect timing. God Bless

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

My kitchen looks like that right about now and that is a great way to look at it!