Tuesday, September 30, 2008

gratituesday..............

Do you ever say those little prayers and think "ahhh, God probably wasn't listening anyway"?
Now I know I've asked questions like that over and over, but it's important to be reminded that God hears us and He does want to be a part of our everyday life!
Well, since I gave up 'wishing' after becoming a Christian, I started praying about things instead.
;-)
After viewing someone's pears a few weeks back, I said "Lord, I would love to run across someone with a pear tree that doesn't need them." And I wondered how my kids would take to a mess of pears being around; they love apples!
Well, while passing a couple's house from church I noticed they had fruit trees, several.
I then remembered Laura's advice :-) (point #2).
So the next time I saw them at church, I asked about her trees.
Well, she brought me a bag of apples, which were prepared in less than an hour for leather.
The next time I saw her, she said, "Come get pears! All you want! We can't use them all, we don't have the time, and our kids are all grown and busy."
So pears we got!
1 box +
another box+

a neighbor brought me this box in the meantime and said to just send them a jar of whatever I did with them.....these are wrapped in paper with a box of jars awaiting their ripening...



Here's some pear sauce, honey pears, and pear jelly....and that's just one box!


Then, the sweet widow-lady from church brought me a sack and a half of tomatoes....look out peppers, salsa is coming to town.....
7 pints and 2 quarts later.....
Woo Hoo!
Ain't God good?

For more Gratituesday, visit Laura's!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh yea!!! You MOOCHED!!! It's the best isn't it?! What I am loving most about it is that the people who GIVE me the fruit keep THANKING ME for taking it!! They hate to see it go to waste, so they're so glad I want it!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

What a blessing! Great looking goodies!!
I need to ask a friend about her garden. :D

Have a great day!
Sherry

Organized Nutrition said...

WOW, that is so wonderful, MOOCHING is the greatest fun! So sad to see the season coming to an end!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! And now I want a pear! LOL God is so good!

(Thanks for visiting my blog today, btw!)

Marnie said...

What a blessing! That's wonderful. I wish I knew someone with overloaded fruit trees.

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Oh how wonderful! I love it when I can provide something for someone that I can't use (or that I have too much of) and I love it just as much when others share their bounty with me! What a wonderful blessing for everyone involved! :)

Take care,
Steph

MamaMia said...

MMM, now I'm wishing I had a pear and some apple leather! Maybe next year I'll try the mooching thing! Too much going on right now!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I've got a five gallon bucket of pears ripening in my basement as we speak. Will maybe need to do something with them this weekend...