Friday, September 12, 2008

Kombucha Tea

There it is! I'm so excited to show off little scoby and scoby junior and I think there's also scoby junior-ette.
What's so cool about these little guys is that I grew them without an original scoby with the directions of a young man from our local health food store.
I couldn't believe it, but there they are!
And it really beats paying $4 per bottle of this!
I love knowing cool stuff is growing in my cabinets! Beats knowing there's uncool stuff growing in the fridge!
HERE'S a link to Wikipedia about Kombucha. And HERE'S a link to an article by Sally Fallon on Weston Price.
********
Update on how to do this, HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never knew you could grow one on your own. I looked into it but could not find a scobie anywhere. Could you share directions on how to do it yourself? Where we live they look at you like you have two heads when you mention this.

Anonymous said...

Niki, I will try to email you this week with the recipe! ;-)

And I know exactly what U mean-- I got asked if I was a witchdoctor the last time I asked for something 'weird'! lol