Sunday, September 21, 2008

School work: Cranberry Thanksgiving


This story was part of our lesson the other day, from the Five in a Row series. I have used that off and on since my oldest was about 4. (now 16)
My little ones are now very happy when I pull it out, along with a book from the library to go with it.
Cranberry Thanksgiving is a really cute story from the curriculum. It's about a little girl and her grandmother from New England--where cranberries and clam chowder are plentiful. Grandmother has a secret recipe for cranberry bread and it seems others would reallllly like to have it. So to compliment our story and it's setting, I just so happened to have a can of clam chowder and cranberry juice on hand, so this was served at our snack time.
They thought it was fun and that the clams tasted like tuna.
:-)

No comments: