Wednesday, October 22, 2008

free ebooks (gazillions of 'em)


I love free stuff, don't you?
I also love free homeschool stuff, don't you?
I also love to read myself, don't you?
Well if you're like me, you'll love THIS site.
There's enough there to keep you reading til your eyes can't see!!
Over on the left, you'll see a tab for searches. You can search by author and/or title.
Lots of classics are on there and there's also some audio books.
One of my personal favorites is this book by T. Dewitt Talmage. (It DOES NOT get any better than Talmage! His writings, especially his sermons, are a work of art! Spurgeon said of Talmage:“His sermons take hold of my inmost soul. The Lord is with the mighty man. I am astonished when God blesses me but not surprised when He blesses him.” )
If you'll notice here, there's several ways that some of the books can be viewed. There's plucker, plain text, and html. I like html, especially for the kids, because they are easier to see and read.
My kids have LOVED the Tuck Me In Tales by Arthur Scott Bailey.
His books can be found if you scroll down on this page. There's around 30 of them.(And I think I've printed nearly all of them;-) Also, if you will notice on that link, at the top of the page, you can search for 'authors' and 'titles' in alphabetical order.
Shakespeare anyone? He can be found on this page about 1/3 of the way down the page.
Of course the best part is that they are all free!

6 comments:

mub said...

Many of the public libraries are using systems like Netlibrary and Overdrive so you can "check out" audiobooks and ebooks from home too. It's kinda handy! Not all libraries participate, but it's definately worth looking into =) Cheers!

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

thanks for a great tip.

Wani said...

Thanks for sharing! What a great resource!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

What a fabulous link, thanks so much!

Unknown said...

I don't really 'get' the whole ebook thing yet but I want to! This site looks so helpful. Thanks for sharing.

LunaMoonbeam said...

I found this site when I was in high school...and haven't looked at it since. Thanks for reminding me!!!