Thursday, January 8, 2009

Herbs 101: Butcher's Broom



I've always wondered about the name of this stuff! However, I have thought that it looked like dried broom straw!

This is another herb that I try to add to every cup of tea that I make. You can also find this in all sorts of forms on the net. I saw it in a cream on one site!

It is said to be good for circulatory problems including hemorrhoids, as well as being a mild laxative, and of assistance to those with arthritis.

I use it for circulatory issues in my legs. I have had swelling problems in my ankles since having half a dozen children and now my veins are starting to give me trouble. My hope is that this herb will keep these problems from getting worse, especially since I am on my feet for most of the day!

For more information and to check out the site that I order from, please visit the Bulk Herb Store.

No comments: