Thursday, January 8, 2009

Herbs 101: (Siberian) Ginseng

Ginseng is said to have many good properties and benefits. I use it periodically in my tea.

It is said to prevent toxins, aid with depression, restore vigor, help with allergies, as well as give an overall sense of well-being. I have found many places where it is stated that it is a help with memory and mental alertness too.

My primary reason for using it is to aid in balancing hormones. I have found it to be very useful during those days prior to my period when I feel all stressed among other things :-). So, as soon as I begin to feel that way, I just add some to my tea for the next couple of days and I feel so much better!

And you thought that it was only good for the fellows, huh?

Please see this link to the Bulk Herb Store for more info and if you would like to order, you can do that too!

No comments: