Saturday, January 3, 2009

Herbs 101: Horsetail/Shavegrass

This is another herb that I've been adding to my tea. I originally started using it because it is said to help strengthen your hair and nails. My nails flake and break easily and my hair is fine and prone to split ends that are horrid because it causes tangles! Eek!

I've had to cut alot of damage off of my hair and I did not want to have to do that again (1 Cor 11:15) and so I made some decisions to try to limit the chemicals on my hair (at least for a while) and use this herb. I lost about 8 to 10 inches because of terrible damage and I could barely get a comb through it! My hair is now more manageable and my nails do appear to be stronger and grow longer (and seemingly quicker) before I end up having to cut them rather than them chipping/flaking.

But this herb is said to have many more benefits than just 'cosmetic'. It appears that it helps assist in the formation of collagen. It seems that it is also used to treat osteoporosis and edema as well. If so, it will be of even greater benefit to me.

Click here for more info and you may also order from there as well. I love the Bulk Herb Store!

(**Again, I'm not in the medical field...only sharing my findings!)

No comments: