Thursday, April 2, 2009

Carob Candy


This 'good for you' candy is a real treat and its really easy to make!
It's the next best thing to chocolate and my kids never notice a difference!
(this is from an old Airola book!)
My kids really like it, but soon discovered that you can't eat too much of it! Its just too rich!
1/2-honey
1/2C butter
1 t-vanilla
1/4C -carob powder (or cocoa)
3/4C-milk powder
1/2C-sesame seeds
Cream butter and honey. Blend in vanilla, carob powder, milk powder. Roll into balls and coat in the sesame seeds. Place in the refrigerator.

(NT suggests sprouting seeds before use. I am not sure how that would work, but I hope to try to soak, sprout, dry, and see if I could make it work!)
**There are numerous variations to this recipe: add cinnamon, roll in coconut or crushed graham crackers, add or roll in crushed nuts, add a good quality peanut butter, etc
For more Frugal Friday tips, visit Life as Mom!
And for more Finer Things Friday, visit HERE!

6 comments:

na said...

That sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Marnie said...

That looks good, and I have all the ingredients on hand too, I think I will have to give it a try today!

~Thank you for sharing!

Relishing Life said...

Yummy! We will definitely have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

Amy @ Finer Things said...

I've never tried carob anything... maybe I should! Thanks for linking up! ;-)

Rae said...

I've found that it is really hard to sprout sesame seeds without them growing mold, but I could probably do this with just soaking them overnight. Thanks for the idea!

Shalet said...

Mmmm - sounds delish! Thanks for the recipe!