Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Sweet Weekend....

I spent a bit of time Saturday making candy! ...I can't think of much else better to do than make and EAT candy! ('specially chocolate ;-)
I've made coconut Bon-Bons before but these were a little different. DH brought me a piece of paper with a recipe and said, "I want these!"
They are really easy;
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
beat in
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
and then mix with
1 bag of coconut
I also mixed in about 3/4 cup chopped crispy almonds.
Then rolled into these balls and chilled for about an hour. Then melted chocolate chips (semi not milk, but milk would work), and dipped them in and placed them on wax paper and allowed to cool and harden.
YUMMY!


Then I shelled and chopped some peanuts to make....



Cracker Candy... which is almost like a candy bar.


No comments: