Sunday, August 9, 2009

Menu.....

You never know how much you rely on some things -until you run out! This month was tricky for me as I began to plan out my menu and realized that I'm out of wheat! I didn't realize how much I used it, until I tried to plan my monthly menu without it! ...I even had to buy store-bought pita bread- hmmp! (yuck!) ...I confess, I'm spoiled! :-)

This month, as a special back to school treat, I let the kids help me plan the breakfast and lunch menus without much strictness (nutritionally speaking). ...Just in case you can't believe corndogs are on my menu! (I can't either btw!)



Sunday:
-pastries
-corn dogs, fries, carrots
- we took the kids, for the first time ever, to a drive-in at dusk we ate burgers from there and popcorn from a big bag that I had popped and filled before leaving- what a big time we had!
snacks: cinnamon snack bars, apples
Monday:
- pastries and milk
-Tomato Soup, grilled cheese, honeydew
- Roast, parsnips, potatoes, carrots, fried okra
snacks: banana nut bread, apples and grapes
Tuesday:
- bagels and cream cheese
- Breakfast Burritos, tots, apples
- Italian Baked Chicken, potatoes, green beans
snacks: apples, grapes, pretzels
Wednesday:
- soaked oatmeal with
-Taco Salad, grapes
- Turkey, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole
snacks: apples, popcorn, pretzels
Thursday:
-Cheerios and milk, boiled eggs
-Teriyaki Beef Pitas with shredded lettuce, black bean salsa, raisins
-Leftover turkey, gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes, green peas
Snacks: apples, carrots and dip, graham crackers with peanut butter
Friday:
-kids choice
-Baked Tilapia, tots, steamed broccoli, fruit salad
-Creamy Chicken Spaghetti, green beans, sweet potatoes
Snacks: grapes, celery sticks and dip, cheese with crackers

No comments: