Friday, September 11, 2009

Turkey Breast Tenderloins on Homemade Buns....




These were sooo yummy! DH did ask me to cook the turkey at a lower temp next time so as to keep the fillets a little more tender and/or to make it with chicken- but he said he wanted them put on the 'rotation'! ;-)

(I used my homemade French Bread recipe to make the buns, leaving it more to the wet side. I buttered them halfway through baking time so as to keep the tops soft. I cut 12 equal pieces from the dough, then rolled them into 5 inch long ropes that were about 1/2 inch around and pressed them into oval shapes on a greased pan. I let them puff slightly, the scored them down the center and allowed them to double. Bake them at 400 for about 17 to 20 minutes until golden. Allow to cool and split for sandwiches.)

I cut the tenderloins into bun sized fillets, salted and peppered both sides, and cooked them on a greased griddle.

Stacked the buns with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and a dressing of 3 heaping spoons of mayo, 1 T of mustard, and 2 t spicy mustard blended together. I topped the turkey with cheese just before removing it from the griddle, so as to melt it slightly.

**Served here with sauteed zucchini, onions, and peppers.

**These would be great with chicken!!

No comments: