Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pan-fried Pork Chops...

We did all the no-nos tonight for supper. Yep, pork, white flour, and gravy made from bacon drippings!

I know, I normally do not cook like this but DH and certain children who live at my house- really think that THIS is eatin'! (What can I say? We're in the South!)

I often had pork chops like this growing up except they normally had a bone in them. (These were on sale.)

They are quick and easy to make like this, especially without the bone.


For these easy chops, you simply heat a griddle with a little dab of beef fat to season it well and avoid sticking.

Then you salt and pepper one side and lay that side down in the pan. Salt and pepper the other side and cook them until they just start to get golden and slightly crisp.


Here's how DH likes his, with biscuits and gravy! Or mashed potatoes, gravy and biscuits.

No comments: