Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Easy Dump Chicken


I didn't measure this but sometimes you can just sorta tell "by looking'', right?
After coming in from shopping last month, I "dumped" some chicken quarters in a food saver bag...then "dumped" some more stuff over it:
the juice of one orange
the juice of one lemon
the juice of one lime
cumin
chili powder
black pepper
dash of cayenne
and several shakes of salt
I sealed it up and tossed it in the freezer. When I was ready to cook it, I place the food saver bag in the sink with cold water for several hours to thaw just enough to separate the pieces.
The above was grilled but you can cook them in the crock for 7 or 8 hours on low, 4 on high, or you can bake them in the oven for about an hour at 375.
Very tasty! And easy! And super frugal since they were on sale at .29 a pound- ten pounds for $2.90!
*Served here with grilled zucchini and brown rice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That has to be a really good time saver! I need to get a new food saver. I have had mine for 10 years and well it doesn't seal anymore. They are great, I loved mine when it worked!