Saturday, July 31, 2010

Italian Open-faced Tuna Sandwiches...

A tasty, quick, easy, and frugal sammy! I normally would bake my own loaves of Italian bread, but, these were on sale and I had coupons which made them almost free! So for my crew, I had two very large, Italian loaves and split them lengthwise, and very very lightly toasted them. Then I took some drained tuna, and mixed it with some Italian Dressing, just until moistened. I then spread it on the bottoms of my split loaves, while they were on a baking pan.
I then put on a layer of romaine leaves.


Sprinkled on an Italian blend of cheeses, mozzarella will do.


I then placed some sliced, stuffed olives, and sliced tomatoes.
Placed it in a 375 oven until the cheeses were nice and melty, being careful not to ruin the lettuce!


Then I cut into serving sized portions and served with a spinach salad, and natural vinegar kettle chips! Yummmmmmy!

No comments: