Thursday, October 21, 2010

REAL Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie:


I have stored pumpkin in the freezer from the ONE and ONLY pumpkin from our garden. I also bought some very cheap the other day that I will probably cook up and freeze too.

I put about 3/4 cup of water in a baking dish and bake halved, seeded pumpkins (cut side down) for about an hour on 325. I strain as much water from it as possible and scoop it by cups into freezer containers. I thaw it up in warm water when I'm ready to use it.

-2 8 inch prepared pie shells

3 cups of pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 t cinnamon
1 t allspice
1/2 cloves
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla
4 eggs
1 can evaporated milk

Mix well and pour into unbaked pie shells.
Bake 15 minutes at 425.
Reduce heat to 350 and bake 40 to 45 minutes.

(We often eat leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast!)

No comments: