Monday, November 8, 2010

Marinated Pork Loin-

 I almost never buy pork...
 MAYBE 3 to 4 times a year, and that's usually a ham during the holidays.
I've read several negatives about pork so I prefer to avoid it...If I could get organically raised, I probably would serve it more often.

But- if I'm gonna buy pork- this is probably my favorite cut!
Why? Well- I like that I can cook 5 pounds of meat in just an hour and a half!
I also like tenderloins because there's a lot of things you can do with it.



MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN
2 T prepared mustard
1 t horseradish*opt
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 T raw cider vinegar
1/4 cup Marsala
1t ground mustard
1 t rosemary
1/2 t fresh ground black pepper
1 T molasses
1/2 T minced garlic
Mix well and baste the pork, covering completely.
Top with addtional rosemary, approx. 1/2 teaspoon.
Allow to marinate for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Cook at 425 for 1 1/2 hours, fat side up.
Slice with electric knife and drizzle with the drippings.
*served here with dressing and lima beans

No comments: