Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peppermint Bark...



 During Christmas, a pack of this, pre-made, at the store was going for about $5 or $6!
But now that its after Christmas, I'm finding it very easy to make for about $1!
I've found packs of almond bark for $1 and candy canes for .40 (or less).
Its even almost effortless to make!

I melted 7 blocks of the bark, stirred in about 1/4 t peppermint oil, and spread in a pie plate.
I crushed 3 candy canes, sprinkled them across the top, pressed in lightly with the back of
a spoon, and chilled until it set up. Cut in pieces with a knife. (Hmmp! $5 or $6 a box!)

You can also make this with 1 bag of chocolate chips and crushed candy canes or peppermints.

Tip: I like it better after it has set out overnight. The candy canes loose some of their crunch.
*This also makes a nice gift!

No comments: