Friday, August 5, 2011

What Does Half a Cow Look Like?

The day I've been saving for, finally arrived! Half a grass-fed angus is now in my freezers!

"Little Joey", above, is approx. 14 cubic foot and packed out.
(You do remember that my extra appliances are named?;)
This is the top of "Lucy", the old basement refrigerator. (The beef is from the angus, the rest you see was what I had dwindled down to before the beef arrived. Cutting it close!...but I wanted things emptied and cleaned out...great excuse to do that, huh?)
And this is "Dempsey", the free freezer that I got in the deal!
As if the beef wasn't great enough- what a blessing!

Job 36:31  For by them judgeth he the people; he giveth meat in abundance.

2 comments:

Alice said...

We are wanting to do this too. I'm so happy for you! Grass fed yeah!

Donna said...

Thank u Ma!
Oh I hope you can!

Grass fed- yes- soooo much better!

I should do a post sometime about the differences in it and store-bought! :-)