Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cherry-Mango Smoothie

I love smoothies and so do my kids. They're so easy and good! 
You don't really have to measure, you can use any type of fruit that you have on hand (canned, fresh, or frozen) and any combination, you can use any liquid of your choosing (from milk to kefir to juice or even water), you can sweeten to taste, and you can make them thin enough to drink or thick enough to scoop like ice cream!

I buy frozen fruit in bulk at our local Cash-n-Carry and sometimes at Sam's. I also freeze or can anything that I'm given or can grow from my own yard. We were blessed with blackberries this year from our bushes and were given some delicious blueberries. Someone else later gave us some frozen apples from their freezer. We were blessed!

For this tasty combination;
3 cups frozen sour cherries
1 1/2 cups frozen mango
1/2 to 3/4 cup cane sugar (or white)
2 1/2 cups kefir (or other)
Whirl in your blender!

Pardon me while I slurp!

No comments: