Thursday, March 8, 2012

Strawberry Pinwheels

Just like Cinnamon Rolls, only stuffed with homemade Strawberry Jam!

I never tire of finding new things to make with Marilyn's Whole Wheat Bread Dough. The dough is always reliable and a quick rise- and well, it's just down-right fun!
This time, I took a batch and made a dozen rolls with it and used the other half of the dough to make these for dessert and for snack time.

I must admit, it is one of the messiest things that I've done with this dough so far!

I rolled the dough out into a rectangle and spread about a pint of jam over it. I rolled it up into a jelly roll and sliced with dental floss. Some of the jam will run out, you can scoop it up and drizzle it back over your rolls once they're in a 9x13.
Bake at 350 for between 22 and 30 minutes. My rolls are giants so it depends on the size how long your baking time will be. 
***You may need to place your baking dish on a light colored pan during part of the baking time as the sugar from the jam may try to burn. I baked my on the pan until the last 7 minutes or so. It may add to your baking time to do this but it will stop the jam from burning.***
You can top with powdered sugar, eat as is, make a powder sugar drizzle, or any number of things. I topped with a Cream Cheese Frosting.
4oz cream cheese
3 T butter
1 1/2 t vanilla
1/3 cup milk
approx. 3 cups powdered sugar
Beat until smooth and spread over your rolls.

No comments: