Friday, March 9, 2012

Lavender Jelly

 I used this recipe to make Lavender Jelly today.
What a neat treat! 
It perfumed the house very well but Abby hasn't stopped huffing and sneezing since. :-)
If you've never made jelly before, it really is so easy.  It's really not much more than mixing, boiling, and pouring and you can start with bottled juice if you like.
I find it a great alternative to store-bought jelly and I love to make unique jams and jellies.
Year before last I made Green Mint Jelly and Basil Jelly.
Last year it was Violet and Dandelion Jelly and Syrup.
This year, I'm starting with Lavender and who knows where I'll go from there!
But it doesn't have to be spring, summer, or fall to make jams and jellies. I like to make them in the winter too.
I've made Cherry Jam, Strawberry Jam, Pomegranate Jelly, and Apple Jelly through the winter.
(The cherries and strawberries were from the freezer.)

It's frugal, it's fun, and it keeps you a little further away from HFCS,... if you're trying to avoid that.

No comments: